Fates Unfold

A medieval fantasy/RPG sim.

Moderator: Advisory Council

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:12 pm

arias looked as the demons started scaling the walls and with a deep breath he reaided his blade his first ture fight the first demon climed onto the roof and arias drew his blade in a swift motion litterly taikn the head off. And he then turned and gutted another one like a fish and pulled out the beasts liver. another demon grabbed the brave ranger by his neck and scarthed his thoart with its claws arias kneed the cearure and with a fist and a well time punch broke the nose and then grabbed its neck and...snap the dead evil thing fell its head turned in an odd postion. The heat of battle sent a surge of adline through the young hero as he went into a blood frenzy and started hacking and slashing demons left and right the feeling was like taking a shot of speed and pep pills with a large black coffe chaser.. <<man hes hyper> he just let the blood rage go attacking everything horned humaniod in sight <<thats the end of my post>>

Lake
Cadet

Carnage

Post by Lake » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:08 am

The enemy horde concealed it's true force well. The large scorpionish creatures were not the only enemy to worry about on the ground. There were others. Terrible mutilated human like creatures, with black skin and spikes protruding from their bodies. These fought with talon armed hands, and sometimes even with sword like weapons. There were various others, and sometimes, among the creatures, a Dessned could be seen, but never did he move to with the attacking columns.

The walls of Estrelle were being painted with the aftermath of strife. The power of Kavu's summon had given the humans spirit, and their weapons cut into the creature army with force. But it seemed not enough. The catapaults were now only able to fire into the rear of the enemy horde, and the burning oil could not be poured without killing humans and creatures alike. The lighter, less potent weapons of the individual man were all that Estrelle had left in it's arsenal. Here and there a mage helped guide arrow and throwing spear.

Leiron watched in horror as the river gait began to bend. It moaned, foreshadowing it's fall, and then betrayed the men protecting it, falling atop them. Leiron grew furious, the battle around him slowed. The ranks were being broken, leaving smaller and smaller groups of men to fight against undefeatable odds. He turned, and saw Naaza's eyes glowing, as he prepared to throw his power to the fray. Arias fell a beast from near by, and Leiron's friend Tturbol threw an axe into the gaping mouth of one of the great beasts. Then for a moment, the four of them, with Kavu looking on, met each others' gaze. Leiron turned away first, and strode his way toward the fallen gate alone, with only enemies in front of him. Tturbol let his jaw go slack, as he watched the sword in Leiron's hand seemed to break from a purple light inside. But it held it's form, and it looked like a bolt of lightening, molded to the prince's hand. A beast lunged at him with frightening spead, so that Tturbol twitched and nearly shouted. But it's giant claw fell to the ground, and it's small human like companion fell to the ground, split at the torso.

The old elf stared Marcus in disbelief. What do you wish of me ancient one?
"Can't stop the spirits when they need you; this life is more than just a read through." -Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Games
Ensign

Post by Games » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:47 am

Kavu continued to command the summon on where to go and the summon went and punched hols through the scorpian like creatures. After a while fighting he could feel energy being drained from him, he started to feel weak and couldn't stand. The summon's power was weakening to. Kavu reach and grabbed hold of his swords handle to get up and the sword crumbled as if he drew power from that.

He tried to stand but it was no use, so he decided for one last attack on the enemy. He concentrated to use as much power as he could then as he felt the energy go he commanded the summon to make a blockade so that Leirons soldiers could regroup.

The summon made a wall of light,the hideous creatures to touched it turned to dust. It gave the soldiers enough time to regroup, the wall weakened the the enemy was breaking through it. At first as they broke through it was if they were being skinned alive, then the wall faded. Kavu was being cut and bleeding as he tried to use the summon as much as he could. In the end he knew he couldn't do anymore and as the summon left the battlefield, he fell to the groung unable to move much. He knew he could do no more now and that it was up to Leiron to find some way of defeating these monsters.
It's not whether you win or lose that counts: it's how much pain you inflict along the way.

Lake
Cadet

Regroup

Post by Lake » Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:06 am

The summon was incredible. It created a wall, not only around the battle close to it, but the entire city. This was the opportunity that the human forces of Estrelle needed to re-group. It was also an opportunity to turn some of their forces upon enemies who had infiltrated the city. From the looks of Kavu, they would have a few hours to regroup.

Men stopped and stared at the summon in disbelief. More prominently, they stared with tears of respect and relief for the summon. All were barely hissing a breath.

Leiron was in a different world. He cut through a final victim, and marched to the wall of light. He did not seem to fear it, if he acknowledged it's presence at all. His sword blinked from it's purple glow to blue, and finally he stopped. The sword's glow slowly diminished, and Leiron assessed his surroundings. He eyed the wall from sky to blood crusted earth. His feet swiveled, and he was facing Tainer.
"Leiron, I think' it well that you stopped short of the light"
Leiron put a light fist on Tainer's friendship. "So we both live. Get your wounded to the center of the city for aid. I'll re-establish the lines."
Screams were heard from near the cities academies and more respectful establishments. Tainer's eyes grew wide.
"Dessned! It must be!"
Leiron bit his lip. "Arias! Take some of the men! Go to where those screams come from, and kill whatever raises those same screams! Tturbol! Go with him!"
The big Cessoran companion to Leiron walked over to Arias. "I go with you Arias the Ranger."
Leiron looked to Jaffo. "Jaffo...I think perhaps you may be of some aid against these Dessned! You go along as well. I will handle things here."

Near the center of the city. Dessned had broken through the flotilla in the river, and were pouring out in numbers. Those who had stayed in the city were lightly armed and untrained. Only a handful of the armies reserves were there to help them. The Dessned cut into those viciously.

Kavu's wall still held though.
"Can't stop the spirits when they need you; this life is more than just a read through." -Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 05, 2002 4:54 pm

arias nodded and took ledions travelr freind with him along with jaffo and headed down to assiat where they were needed. Arias using his skills as a ranger to cut through the treetops silently it was obvius he didnt want to be seen as he was too tired to fight the blood rush having calmed down a little. He had then found he was too tired and too beaten up to keep fighting another battle. " ok boys in accroding to the range of vison id say were almost there"

Treggar
Ensign

Post by Treggar » Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:52 pm

In the midst of a raging battle, Naaza stood directing his own little war. Guidance for unintelligent animals was easy and so the battle for the sky, though necessary, was but a simple task. Naaza's deep blue cloak fluttered about madly. His blue hair whipped in every direction and almost seemed to be a beacon for creatures that had gotten lost in the conflict or had just been disoriented from a recent blow. Coordination was flawless but it wasn't enough.

Then the wall appeared.

It was nothing he had seen before. A solid entity that destroyed by energy alone. It was not an element or anything of the earth and being so he wasn't sure he could affect it. That disturbed him.

Whatever the wall was, though; it did its job with superb efficiency. With this short respite from the battle, Leiron had started to pull his troops back deeper into the city. Naaza's temper suddenly flew into a rage. How could this he retreat like that? The enemy was here and here was where it would be defeated. Retreat was not an option and Naaza was determined to keep it that way.

He strode towards the main gate against the rush of soldiers moving for the inner city. Not many ventured near Naaza for the very air about him tingled with anger, so his progress went unhindered. Approaching the wall he stopped just nigh of touching it and waited. The energy from the wall and the energy pouring off of Naaza collided creating a miniture storm of lightning in front of the main gate.

Naaza didn't have to wait very long. The wall of holy fire dissipated shortly after the soldiers had left the area. Without so much as a twitch Naaza attacked.

From the heavens, from the air, from the ground: from every possible place on the battlefield a voice could be heard. Sharp barking commands which echoed to the very core of any sentient creature. So forceful were the words that many of the attackers almost fled but their hatred for humans pushed them back onto the attack. But the creatures weren't supposed to retreat and Naaza's commands had more purpose than to communicate with the enemy. As the first creature crossed the invisible line of the doorway Naaza's trap was sprung.

The surrounding landscape exploded. Demons, foes, foul things, and psion were enveloped in a fireball that burned with a fury none had ever seen. Naaza, continued to stand unscathed in the midst of the firestorm. It was his fire why should he fear it? He continued dumping his anger into the blast and smiled as the enemy were burned away instantly.

Naaza made sure every last locust had been toasted before abating his firery tempest. His hair dropped and lay as wet mop on his head, the blue cloak hung loosely on his shoulders, and the burning blue eyes were no longer blue but actually normal in size and color. Never before had he dealt so much destruction upon one area and after such exertion Naaza was spent.

He placed the end of his staff in the dirt and started searching for Leiron. Though he had obliterated all that stood in his way it was only one front. This was a city under siege and the enemy was much larger than that attacking the main gate. He needed rest, he needed time; he Naaza the Psion needed help. Naaza shuffled as fast as he could in his depleted state. The enemy was, of course, still coming.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Lake
Cadet

The Elves

Post by Lake » Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:26 am

(Sorta long...but indulging. Read up, especially Kosh and Hunter.)

They had gathered at Mas-ali-mooth. It had been the staging point of their largest assaults against the humans across the river. It was a fortress of nature. Heavy thickets and thorns grew around it, and shaggy evergreens grown tightly together to form a wall. The only entrance was by river, or by tunnels known only to the Elves. Those tunnels stretched for miles and miles, and the entrances would be difficult to find. The river entrance was ever guarded by the lost ward.

The lost ward was even older then the supreme ward. He was a high ward during the ancient wars with the humans. Never since, had he given up his fear of what the humans might bring to his people. Say he stayed at Mas-ali-mooth, enchanting it always, to protect it. To preserve it for the day when it would once again be needed. So the elves call him the lost ward.

He knew little of Tireas, but watched him now, as a group of his disciples brought him to the river entrance. Sitting near the lost ward, were most of the high wards, and other elves of prominence. They had been listening to his details for days now. He had described the battle at Estrelle, and the other armies of darkness gathering. And he told a tail of an ancient one, shrouded in mystery. Now this ancient one approached with Tireas the halfling. Their mission still a mystery to most elves, but not to the lost ward.

The boat carrying Tireas now entered his tiny little cove, and he let them pass. As they approached, Yeiul, one of Leiron's friends took in a heavy breathe. The sight was beautiful. Mos-ali-mooth was like a forest city, lit with greens and sapphires, and purples. Watch towers that rivaled any cathedral tower north of Estrelle raised just below the tree tops. All of that light, concealed by the earth and forest work of the elves. Even the smoke of the cooking fires, if there was smoke at all, had never given them away.

The strangers stepped onto the lost ward's land, and he stood in front of them, far ahead of the other elves. "Tireas the halfling", his voice was weak, and raspy. "We have not met, and yet you bring strangers to my fortress."
The ancient elf looked at Marcus. His eyes grew wide, and the remnants of a lost child could be seen. He lowered his frail upper body to a deep bow, and his friends looked at Marcus disapprovingly. But the old elf waved them away as they stepped up to help him. Finally he raised himself.
"Ancient one...I knew you were old...but the eagle malachi gives you away! Surely there is hope now. What would you have the elves do? Armies gather, but we know not where to march first. The high wards fear their own lands. And you, you have attracted dangerous foes. Not the likes of the dark angel that lives now at Yorovac...but dangerous indeed."
The old elf explained the first hardship of their journey. They would travel through a land to the north, recently troubled by the raisings of a necromancer. Or they could avoid it, and risk confrontation with the four companions who follow them. Those were fallen wizards. Their place in this struggle would be neither good nor evil, but self serving.
"If I must guess, and perhaps you have already. Young Tireas is their prize. A great aid I foresee him to be on your quest, but also, a great danger. These fallen wizards, alone are not as strong as I. Together I would fall to them. You would surely fend them off effortlessly, but it is dangerous to take risks when their alliances and motivations are unknown to us."
"This matter I trust you to make. But in the matter of the elves, we open ourselves to your advice. Come...speak to the others with me."
Before he turned, he looked at the humans. "Though I have hated your kind for centuries. I believe your place in this grand trial is a high one. You may join us, but be careful not to go astray. Their are things in Mos-ali-mooth meant just for your kind..."

AmbKoshASG
Cadet

Revelations.

Post by AmbKoshASG » Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:42 pm

"I am intrigued, Sire." Tireas was surprisingly calm, considering what had just been said of him and in light of the fact that he was speaking with an ancient Elf. "You seem to know a great deal more about me than I, myself, know. I am but a healer... I have training in that area alone, and my efforts in other realms of magic have been utter failures. And yet you indicate that I at is why I left home... I wanted to understand myself. And if you, Sire, can help me to do that in any way- I beg you to do so." He bowed his head, then glanced back at the Humans in the party, before returning his gaze to the Elf. "Prithee help me understand the mystery of my existence."
"Of course, we are all worms... But I like to think that I, at least, am a glowworm." Sir Winston Churchill

Lake
Cadet

Raging on

Post by Lake » Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:44 pm

The Dessned wanted his human flesh. It was the payment promised by kllaaa. That waste of water and fish, who spent his days far away from the rest of the Dessned. He had hired many Dessned to attack the humans in Estrelle. He had promised helpless human fleshes, with, with no bright sharp stones to defend themselves. Kllaaa had betrayed them! But the many man warriors with their sharp stones were troubled with a horde of creatures. He did not wish to stay long and meet these nasty beasts, but for now they were held out by a wall of terrifying light. He and his pack, and the others, would stay a while longer to prey on poor helpless little humans.

He and his pack ran to the living caves, and found a group of man warriors. But they did not see him, they would make good prey. Inside there must be more humans, many more, with no bright stones.

Something smelled wrong, a down draft was blowing as a storm front moved in, blotting the sun. He looked up into some trees, a MAN WARRIOR! He heard voices, and clanging. More man warriors were coming!

Leiron stopped and turned, confused. He heard the flash of Naaza's attack and turned to find a chunk of the beasts army burning. He laughed, and kept on toward the other wall to help the generals shift their troops. Tainer was moving his men back up in position with more long spears. They would be able to help Naaza if anything was wrong.

Games
Ensign

Post by Games » Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:18 pm

Kavu lay helpless on the top tower, there was nothing he could do. He was still unable to move his legs, he tried to grab the wall. It crumbled the instant he touched it. It was a new power, an undicovered power he had not known of, not only the power of he summon but the energy he contained in his body and through everything around him.

A beast saw Kavu as an easy prey and went to kill him. The beast swooped down to Kavu and stood over him like a tower. Kavu touched the creature with both hands and the creature instantly turned to dust. Kavu could feel somethig being brought back into him as if he drained energy from thhe beast and transfered it to himself.

Another beast attempted the same thing and met the same fate as the last attacking beast. Energy was being tranfered from these beasts into Kavu so he could move again.

Kavu waited for the next beast to meet this new power.
It's not whether you win or lose that counts: it's how much pain you inflict along the way.

Lake
Cadet

Tireas

Post by Lake » Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:08 pm

The lost ward looked deep into the halfling's eyes. It was a mistake to believe that this halfling was less than a sage. The old elf had always thought of Tireas as a wondering fool. Soul less, homeless, with no true investment in this world. Nothing more than a tool, like the axe that cuts the fire wood.
But this half ling had a soul, and a mind to compliment it. The lost ward squeezed his eyes shut. He was imagining the long, though short life Tireas must have spent digging for his reason for existence. The long nights clawing through his dreams. The long lonely days struggling to find hope.
But the young halfling had survived long. He must have found something to eat and sleep for. The very cause of finding himself? That must be it. It would not do to simply give him the answer now, but to give him a path. A journey would bring hope to Tireas. Yes. Something to fight for as well.
"You were brought to this world by your mother and father, with the help of a powerful wizard. This wizard, is one of the fallen who follow you now. Your mother was an elf, and your father a human. They knew the power that their union would weild through you. So did the evil wizard who agreed to help bring you into our world. Great power is hidden from you. It is your destiny to struggle against those who would use your body for their will. It is also your destiny to struggle against your desire, to avoid falling yourself. I do not see far into the future young one. But these times allude to your importance. Your place in this most recent affair is a dangerous one."

While they spoke, more elves were arriving in the forest base. The elves were ready for war. They waited only for a decision from the Lost Ward, who they had turned to for guidance.

AmbKoshASG
Cadet

The Allure of Destiny

Post by AmbKoshASG » Sat Nov 23, 2002 11:16 am

Tireas couldn't help but smile at what he was being told. Not only was he being told that he had a purpose, but beyond that: A destiny. Seemingly a destiny that affected everyone. He looked from the Lost Ward to all the other Elves, and to his companions as well. His eyes lit up with the knowledge that his existence had a direct impact on all of them. For better or worse didn't concern Tireas, at the moment. It was simply satisfied to mean something.

"Then... I am a conduit for some sort of power?" He returned his gaze to the Lost Ward. "That these people want to find me? To use me for their purposes?" He tilted his head. "What is this power they seek from me? And how do we harness it?" He paused. "Perhaps it could benefit our own causes, if we were to put it to use before this Wizard can find me."

The smirk didn't leave his lips, even as he spoke. Tireas had a purpose. A destiny.
"Of course, we are all worms... But I like to think that I, at least, am a glowworm." Sir Winston Churchill