ASG IRC? RIP?

Have a question? Need help? Ask it here!

Moderator: Advisory Council

treggar2

Poke

Post by treggar2 » Fri May 20, 2005 12:21 pm

::poke:: :wink:

Vorak

Hey

Post by Vorak » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:32 pm

Hey folks, retired Commodore Vorak here, formerly ASG-IRC. Is the remaining IRC people still on stormcenter IRC or did they move elsewhere? Oh, and if anyone is still interested in getting ASG back off the ground, I have a LOT of old files and stuff still around, including some things I worked on for ASG-International. Feel free to e-mail me at herdjc05 AT gmail.com

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:26 pm

There were a handful of people within the IRC branch who felt that things were not being done as well as they could be done, and thus started a second group in which some members were encouraged to visit the second group while others were left in the dark. As far as I can tell, part of it stemmed from a personal issue between two or three members. As such, apathy grew rapant and soon there were no sims running, and few people who seemed to care. Myself as well as others, over time, grew bored with the channel as it had become, and no longer spent time there. There is no longer a bot. I saw no reason to maintain it, and the age of the bot made it highly incompatible with newer "hybrid" IRC servers.

Attempts were made to switch formats over to a "GreatestJournal" style sim, starting an X-men crossover style game. It fizzled out shortly after it began. A second attempt was made with my Star Trek/Starbase Akrotiri sim. It thrived for at least two weeks before posting died down to zero as with the other game. No other attempts that I am aware of have ever been made. I changed the website to reflect the IRC branch was closed last year, since there was in fact nothing running. Additionally, I required the web space for other things. I would be marginally interested if an attempt was made to restart something, but I will not promise anything.

Formerly Nak

Post by Formerly Nak » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:29 pm

That was me. I was apparently no longer logged in. Many apologies.

Lake2

Yup

Post by Lake2 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:48 am

Ya I don't even really bother with logging in anymore. I always caused problems and had to keep bothering Seth for help all the time. Anyway. With hopes that you are all occasionally coming back here to check this out, I want to see what happens if I throw an invite out there to all of you. I know that we all have our favorite genres, but I've put together a Message board based sim on Yahoo based in the Star Wars universe. I tried to make it unique. It's after the fall of the empire, but before the events of the New Jedi Order. I isolated a couple of opposing forces in a decently populated sector of space to try and create an atmosphere where the war has become personal. I've been in a lot of Yahoo Groups so I know that I need people's interest to be piqued before we get started. But if you want to check out what little I have done so far, here is the link.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SWRampart/

Or URL rather.

Sincerely,

Lake...Retired Member

treggar2

link?

Post by treggar2 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:33 am

I tried the link but it says the group does not exist.

Any ideas?