Survey - New sim ideas

For something about everything else.

Moderator: Advisory Council

ASGAnne
Lieutenant J.G.

Survey - New sim ideas

Post by ASGAnne » Sat Sep 14, 2002 6:27 am

What would you suggest for a new sim genre, or should we include more sims from the ones we have now?

*I think a new sim would be fun.

*Perhaps an Outer Limits type of sim.

*No new sim, work on what we have now.

*Some more Star Wars sims would be nice.

*I like the ones we have.

*I would definitely not include another Star Trek sim. There are hundreds online, with no real distinctions between any of them. To attract a large volume of new players, ASG needs to diversify and offer a more unique simming experience. Off the top of my head, though, you could try a sim set in the early period of human space exploration-- still within our own solar system. If you want to stay away from space, a modified SeaQuest-type setting could work... "modified" to cover up the gaping holes in logic one found in SQ. Something modern might even be refreshing!

*A counter terrorism genre

*Try working out arrangements with the other ASG branches. IRC for example. Find possible ways to cross sim or exchange simmers.

*Would a medical or scientific ship be possible? Or a Vulcan ship?

*More fantasy-type sims.

*More sims like the Gundam sim.

*I think it would be nice to stick with the types of sims we have now-and just create new ones of that type.

*An original one, I know Space Empires makes good simming maybe a starship trooper sim.

Treggar
Ensign

New Sims

Post by Treggar » Sat Sep 14, 2002 5:16 pm

For those of you that are interested in trying out new ideas or just delving into new territories of current themes check out this site
http://www.geocities.com/treggar/SDD.html?1013040446430

The SDD is like a resource department. We do a lot of research into any subject and will gladly help with other ideas. I shall be getting an actual thread set up sometime soon for people to input ideas or to comment on the ideas that we present. Feel free to drop an email with suggestions or to just ask a question.

LtC Treggar Detchan
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Games
Ensign

Post by Games » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:06 am

is that thing still going??? Anyhow i think we need new sim ideas or maybe new types of sims. I think people get tired of certain genre of sims. I know i've had an idea in my head for quite some time the problem is i can't do it because of timezones, which i think we should need to look at that as well.
It's not whether you win or lose that counts: it's how much pain you inflict along the way.