EP 2 Reviews

Moderator: Advisory Council

Kern Renkay
Cadet

EP 2 Reviews

Post by Kern Renkay » Thu May 16, 2002 7:11 pm

If you have not seen Star Wars Episode II, DO NOT READ FURTHER because this area may contain discussion about the movie and spoil it for you. You have been warned.

Now that the formalities are out of the way..... That was the most amazing movie I have ever seen!!! George Lucas out-did himself. That just brought so much more of what happened into perspective that it is amazing. I won't say anymore until there are a few more reply's so that I know a few people have seen.

SEE THIS MOVIE NOW and reply back on this thing, I need some intellegent discussion over this.
The Force flows through me
And through it the path is clear
I protect those who cannot protect themselves
I am a Jedi

Lt. Commander Kern Renkay, ASG

AmbKoshASG
Cadet

Agreed.

Post by AmbKoshASG » Thu May 16, 2002 9:44 pm

Indeed, I thought it was a wonderful film, as well. I was glad to see that it wasn't so campy and contrived as Episode I, with which I had quite a few problems. It was a definite step in the right direction, and certainly more equitable with the original three, whereas Episode I seemed like an affront to the faith of the fans. But Episode II was such a far cry, that I have quite forgiven the indiscretion and moved on. I look forward to Episode III... may it be better yet!
"Of course, we are all worms... But I like to think that I, at least, am a glowworm." Sir Winston Churchill

ASGAnne
Lieutenant J.G.

Post by ASGAnne » Sat May 18, 2002 5:20 am

We saw Episode II last night. I thought it was a great movie and I see how Episode I was the lead into it. Honestly, I didn't think Episode I was that bad. It did have the speed racers going for it. It made me want to see Episode III already! So much to fill in and left unsaid.

The thing that really surprised me was that Anakin had his hand cut off. Amazing. Actually, I was surprised by Anakins attitude about ObiWan holding him back. I thought perhaps he would understand why Obi was so hard on him because of the forces he hadn't dealt with yet. Something else must happen in Episode 3, perhaps his marriage.

I love how things are beginning to fall into place. Yoda's appearance and fighting skills which were noted in later episodes. The reappearance of R2-D2 and C-3PO in force. Each of the droids were placed on different planets with each of the twins in later episodes. One with Luke on Tatooine. Did you notice that the young girlfriend would end up as his Aunt?

I did love the humor that the droids provided, it took me back to the earlier episodes.

Just so much to talk about. I even loved the new races, the Kaminoans and Jettster. ;-)

~Ann

ASGSevron
Cadet

Post by ASGSevron » Sat May 18, 2002 7:20 pm

I was totally impressed with EP 2. It was slightly better then the first one IMO, most likely because they weren't trying to cram so much story line into a short period of time. The special effects were great and it followed the story itself very well. Plus if you havn't seen it you absolutely have to just to see yoda wielding a lightsaber :)
Commander Sevron
Semi-Retired
Alliance Simulation Group

Treggar
Ensign

Yoda

Post by Treggar » Sun May 19, 2002 3:40 pm

Yoda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

smartone

Awesome

Post by smartone » Mon May 20, 2002 5:40 am

it was probably the best star wars movie ever, and yoda finally got some action. I am hoping in the next ep for a larger space battle, since we had a ground battle in eps 1,2,5,6. the only real space battle was a short one in 2, the end of 4, and a fighter battle in 6. i want to see some capital ships duel it out.

smartone56441070

Post by smartone56441070 » Mon May 20, 2002 6:16 am

yes, it was a good movie smartone, but has anyone dug a bit deeper and figured out what will happen to padme, my little group of sw freaks havent yet figured it out. :?

smartone56441070

Post by smartone56441070 » Mon May 20, 2002 6:18 am

yes, it was a good movie smartone, but has anyone dug a bit deeper and figured out what will happen to padme, my little group of sw freaks havent yet figured it out. :?

Kern Renkay
Cadet

Episode II Reviews

Post by Kern Renkay » Mon May 20, 2002 6:33 pm

As far as Padame goes, she dies.... That's about all I know. Don't know how or when but she does. And I would have to agree, Yoda was freeking awesome. No way did I expect him to be such an amazing & incredible Lightsaber Master, and that fighting stance, Ha ha, wow.

There is so much you could talk about with this movie. It puts into perspective how deceptive the Dark Side can be, why the Jedi do not follow their emotions, and how stupid the Jedi were!

The profecy: Bring balance to the Force. Ok, there were a bunch of Light Side Jedi and only a few (usually just 2) Dark Side Jedi. What did they think was going to happen? The number of Dark Jedi increase to meet the Light Side Jedi. Come on! Also presents the idea that when the Force is unbalanced, the side with the less amount of people are able to access more of it. Or maybe the Light Side was spread so thin between so many Jedi that each was able to access it less and less.

Arg, there are so many differant possibilities. Send up your thoughts! What do you think the profecy refers to and ideas about what Ep 3 contain. This helps shape what the New Star Wars sims will be like.

smartone56441070
Cadet

Post by smartone56441070 » Mon May 20, 2002 7:01 pm

sorry about that double post :oops:. and i knew she died. what i was thinking about that prophecy was in the beginning you have thousands (or something like that) jedi, and 2 bad. hmmm, wonder which one will drop and which will increase. and also, in ep 4, yoda and obi-wan are good, darth and palpatine bad. now luke comes along and vader evens it out again by 'killing' old ben. then yoda dies and vader kills the emperor. however, that makes him good so he kills himself, evening it out cause mara jade is out there (have to read the thrawn books by timothy zahn).

ASGSevron
Cadet

Post by ASGSevron » Mon May 20, 2002 10:28 pm

In EP 2 they hint that the Jedi's powers are weakening. Most likely because the dark side is clouding over them. As the darkness grows, it deminishes the light power. The so called "Balance" that they refer too is IMO the removal of this darkness to bring back the power of good once again. If you think of this in the long term, Anakin Skywalker is the chosen one who will bring balance, he is the one who kills Palpatine in episode 6. Just my thoughts on the matter :)
Commander Sevron
Semi-Retired
Alliance Simulation Group

Kern Renkay
Cadet

Post by Kern Renkay » Tue May 21, 2002 8:19 pm

Yes, in the end Anikin des bring a final balance to the Force by kiling Palpatine and that leads to leaving Luke as the last Jed alive. Mara actually doesn't count (along with Kam Soular and the other brought in by the books). While she hed some training in the Dark Side she was not at a level to be considered an actual force users. At least that's what I get from it. I hope someone makes a movie out of the Thrawn Trilogy after EP 3 is done. But that's the future so.

smartone56441070
Cadet

Post by smartone56441070 » Fri May 24, 2002 4:24 pm

unfortunately, i heard that george lucas isnt going to make 7,8,9. this makes me very sad :cry:. think hes gonna hand over the controls to someone else? or what?

ASGAnne
Lieutenant J.G.

Post by ASGAnne » Fri May 24, 2002 8:25 pm

I read on the official Star Wars site just today that series wouldn't be expanded either. Very sad.

~Ann

Games
Ensign

Post by Games » Sat May 25, 2002 4:52 pm

well i watched it and i thought it was brilliant. I loved the ground attack the clones did against the droid army.
Have to admit things are falling into place and i reckon you can pretty much guess what happens in episode 3.

I think it is better then all the rest although it does seem the ships are more advanced in it though, they look alot better to.
It's not whether you win or lose that counts: it's how much pain you inflict along the way.