Strange but true

Moderator: Advisory Council

ASGAnne
Lieutenant J.G.

Strange but true

Post by ASGAnne » Sun Jun 09, 2002 6:18 am

This idea was just to strange not to share with you guys. With all the talk of alternative universes someone was telling me about a new sim idea he had. He was going to have Luke join the Darkside and ally himself with his father!!

Can you imagine!

Outrageous! I couldn't believe it. Am I alone here? Do you agree? Disagree?

::walks off grumbling::

Luke, the darkside.. no way. Can you see how this would change the entire future of StarWars?

~Ann

Hunter2299
Cadet

Post by Hunter2299 » Sun Jun 09, 2002 7:38 am

No real problems here, Anakin would still have eventually brought balance back to the force, The Jedi would still reappear, Yoda and Obi-Wan weren't the only ones hiding after all, and the Empire would still fall but this time due to an all out Civil War between the Emperor and The Two Skywalkers Leaving the empire devistated and easy Prey for the Rebellion and others. The only problem is the terrible toll in lives and Planets lost this would ring up.
There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men are forced to meet. ---William F. Halsey

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. ---Confucius

Games
Ensign

Post by Games » Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:52 am

If Luke did turn Leia could have taken over and train as a jedi
It's not whether you win or lose that counts: it's how much pain you inflict along the way.

smartone56441070
Cadet

Post by smartone56441070 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:42 pm

i think it might be an interesting sim and i agree with games, yoda did say there was another

Barophobe
Cadet

Post by Barophobe » Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:57 am

Generally speaking, I'm all for "alternate universe" storylines. It encourages individual creativity and gives players a fresh, unique game in which to play. Further, it takes away the friction which develops between players who know a lot about the setting and players who know very little, given that it kinda levels the playing field. Now the only one who knows what's going on is the storyteller.

A StarWars purist could argue that Luke could not possibly have turned to the Dark Side-- it was his destiny to do everything we saw him do in the movies. But determinist arguments are frustratingly circular in design....

Treggar
Ensign

Post by Treggar » Fri Aug 23, 2002 8:29 pm

Barophobe wrote:A StarWars purist could argue that Luke could not possibly have turned to the Dark Side-- it was his destiny to do everything we saw him do in the movies. But determinist arguments are frustratingly circular in design....
Here's my theory on that.

Luke could not possibly have turned to the Dark Side because the script wasn't written that way. It's so amazingly simple I'm astounded by it. :D :D :D :D
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Barophobe
Cadet

Post by Barophobe » Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:13 pm

Script? SCRIPT?? Treg, it was a documentary!!!!! :D

P.S. -- I like this face... I think I'll start using it more often--> 8)

Treggar
Ensign

Post by Treggar » Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:22 am

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc ... 20905.html

This was kind of funny. The questions people ask these days. :roll:

smartone56441070
Cadet

Post by smartone56441070 » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:29 am

okay, yeah, sure. he needs some help. course, i dont mind the bikini idea.... :twisted:

Plasma ASG
Cadet

Post by Plasma ASG » Tue Nov 26, 2002 5:54 am

The idea isn't that far fetched. In fact, a few years back, Dark Horse Comics had an ongoing storyline where Luke had been turned to the Dark Side and Leia had to go kick his *** lightsaber style to get him back on the right path. But then, in the past year Dark Horse took some flak because a writer got permission from Lucas and killed Chewie. Or was that a novel? No, I'm pretty sure it was a comic.. ..if you say so.

::wanders off, arguing with himself::

-Plasma

Lake
Cadet

Leia/Luke

Post by Lake » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:14 pm

The problem I have with the first trilogy in comparison to what we now know from the new movies is this.

If it takes so friggin long for even Annakin to surpass Yoda with the light sabre. How the hell would Luke hold out against Annakin, let alone defeat him on the deathstar. It boggles the mind. To think that Leia comes back and takes on Luke, is a thought that makes me want to kick something very hard. Come on people.

As for chewie dying. I believe it was a New Order Jedi novel. But you'd have to double check with Treggar or Hunter on that one.

I have to say I am in the ranks of the people who view Luke's destiny as just that. Annakin did bring balance to the force, through Luke..and by killing Darth Sidious in Empire Strikes Back.

As for Yoda saying there was another. That's Leia....that is typical hollywood. They were foreshadowing Leia. Plain and simple.

Yet again, just my humble opinion :wink:
"Can't stop the spirits when they need you; this life is more than just a read through." -Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Treggar
Ensign

Post by Treggar » Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:23 am

Luke was able to defeat Vader on the Death Star because he had George Lucas on his side. Or better yet, he had John Williams writing and directing the soundtrack to all his greatest moments. Who couldn't beat Darth Vader with John Williams putting your life to music?!?!

Chewbacca's death was in the first of the New Jedi Order books called Vector Prime, and I've heard that later on in the series they kill of Anakin Solo and Jaina Solo becomes Queen of the Yuuzhan Vong but I haven't read that yet so I don't know. Back to the point, Chewie was killed by a moon crashing into a planet and he not making it back on the ship soon enough.

Treggar

Smartone56

So sad...

Post by Smartone56 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:07 pm

Sadly enough, it seems that the ASG is dead :cry:, so I dont really expect any reply to this. However, it is true that Chewie did die :cry: , again.

Also, up to this point, the series is supposed to have ended, though I haven't read the last couple books to finish it off. Basically, both sides only have enough resources to defend themselves, and not enough to attack. The series really sucks, and the last trilogy is entirely pointless. Oh well