New Movie?

Moderator: Advisory Council

ASGAnne
Lieutenant J.G.

New Movie?

Post by ASGAnne » Fri Jun 21, 2002 1:41 pm

Has anyone heard anything about a new feature length star trek movie? Seems I remember something but haven't heard anything in awhile. Have they decided to go with next generation or voyager?

Do you think they should?

~Ann

Hunter2299
Cadet

Post by Hunter2299 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 4:35 pm

The party line from Paramount is that Voyager is dead. I find this believable since the series itself had little movie potential and Voyager getting home finally sealed any reasonable possibility of a movie being made. DS9 is also apparently off the map for movie potential at last report, for similar reasons to Voyager. The Rumored Klingon Series is still in the works as well apparently, further Inquiries are pending more news as I get it.

There is however a new Star Trek Movie on the way. Apparently Frakes is the director again, take that to mean what you will, and it is a TNG Movie. Uncomfirmed rumors about it say that 1 or possibly 2 members of the original TNG cast have opted out and that thrice accursed Wesley will be appearing again, we can only hope he gets killed this time.
There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men are forced to meet. ---William F. Halsey

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. ---Confucius

ASGAnne
Lieutenant J.G.

Post by ASGAnne » Sat Jun 22, 2002 4:13 am

Ya, come to think of it, I did hear something about Frakes is directing. Something about him falling in love with someone too. Seems to me I also heard that the plotline will revolve around either the Romulans or the Klingons although now I've forgotten which one. Have you heard?

~Ann

ASGSeth
Site Admin

Post by ASGSeth » Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:11 am

Well, here's what I know:

It's called "Nemesis" and will feature the Romulans. (I think that's nifty, since they are one of the lesser featured major races of the Star Trek universe.)

There may or may not be another movie featuring the TNG cast, as it depends on how well the movie goes. If it goes well, the TNG cast will be back yet again.

Yes, Wesley is in the movie. Apparently to "close out" the character. Last we saw him, he disappeared with the Traveler.

There will not be any movies with the cast of DS9 or Voyager. Janeway will be in Nemesis, and she's been promoted to Admiral.

Riker and Troi are probably going to get married.

Starfleet may have built a prototype of a duplicate of Data, based on Data's schematics. Previously, the setback was making a stable positronic net.

All of the TNG cast will be there, and Guinan will make an appearance. As mentioned before, so will Wesley.

~Seth

Games
Ensign

Post by Games » Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:41 am

i read that Picard might die in this new film. although he has said it wasn't true
It's not whether you win or lose that counts: it's how much pain you inflict along the way.

ASGSeth
Site Admin

Movie trailer (soon!)

Post by ASGSeth » Tue Jun 25, 2002 7:41 pm

The trailer for Star Trek: Nemesis will be out tomorrow (June 26) and it will be shown on Entertainment Tonight, and be available on the internet. You will also be able to catch the preview in theaters starting on the 4th of July weekend.

We shall see...

Popcorn Xerx
Cadet

Post by Popcorn Xerx » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:03 am

I waited so long to watch Nemesis after it came out.. that when I did watch it, it killed a whole novel I was writing up... but that's another story LOL
Admiral Popcorn Xerx (Retired)
Alliance Simulation Group, International
Commander, USS T'Rukh