Regarding the Avenger, ASG & Such

Have a question? Need help? Ask it here!

Moderator: Advisory Council

Regarding the Avenger, ASG & Such

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 10, 2002 8:01 pm

Greetings!

First, allow me to apologize if I am not proceeding through proper channels. I've been a member of the ASG for almost four days now, so I'm not yet familiar with protocol and procedures... but after 72 hours anywhere, a person should be able to offer his opinion on the surroundings :D

I couldn't help but notice this evening that the Avenger Sim is... well... empty. Okay, "empty" is a bit of a stretch-- there's a pleasant young fellow here who calls himself "Zero," but otherwise all has been quiet. And not that "I'm in nature, boy is this relaxing" sort of quiet... more like the "I'm sitting in an empty AOL chatroom" sort of quiet.

This sort of silence is certainly not conducive to restoring peace and order throughout the galaxy... but it is good for thinking. Sure, you get those random crazy thoughts... what would happen if I asphyxiated Zero and tried to eat him? Would anyone have to know? Stop it, stop it, stop it!!

But after you pound your head against the wall for a while, those "crazy" voices go away and usually you get "The Voice of Reason," which oddly enough sounds a lot like Sean Connery. Hmm. Tonight Sean and I have been speculating a very great deal about the Avenger, and sending these speculations to you seems like an A-1 idea.

Interest in Star Wars has reached the highest point since a bunch of fuzzy little bears defeated a legion of stormtroopers. This sim should be full!! Or at the very least, it should be running on a regular basis. As I understand it, however, things are... not so good.

I'd very much like to speak with the Avenger's command staff about this situation, but... um... I can't find them. No, honestly, I can't. I checked the bridge... crew quarters... the lounge... I even looked in the galley's freezers, because sometimes (you know) the door slams shut and you get stuck inside. Happened to me six times already this year. But it hasn't happened to our CO.

You see, I'd like to get a list of all the "regular" simmers apart from my dear friend Zero. How many do we have? What are their positions? Ranks? How often do they attend? Are they vegetarians? Am I? Well, what do they think?

I'd like this information because, darn it, I'd like to go on an aggressive recruiting campaign-- if necessary. If people are just on vacation and I'm over-reacting, then... hmm... well, it hasn't been the first time. But if the Avenger is in trouble, I for one will not abandon ship!! Once I'm officially onboard, that is.

Information concerning ASG rules and procedures would be nice, too... it's hard for me to go out recruiting when I don't even know who you people are. Oh, that reminds me... I'm Jim. Very pleased to meet you!!

Well I think I've said enough for one message... but I would very much appreciate replies! (Stern reprimands excluded.) I look forward to your thoughts... information... likes... dislikes... hopes... fears... everything that the ASG has to offer!! I'll even create a shiny new "ASG" screen name once warranted... yes, I'm that committed. It's practically like marriage.

I thank you all for your time and consideration. May the Force be with you.

~Jim
barophobe@aol.com

Hunter2299
Cadet

Post by Hunter2299 » Sat Aug 10, 2002 10:52 pm

Sorry about the Avenger Jim. I am the current CO but that is subject to change as soon as we find a more permanent replacement for the last one. I would have been there tonight to run a sim if it weren't for a pesky set of 5 Viruses that assaulted my system. My SN is Hunter2299, or when I'm Actually Running a Sim ASG Hunter. My Current rank is Commander. I am also one of the Staff members of the ASG SDD (Sim Design and Development) Group. The Avenger's XO is currently LtCdrZachASG, this is his SN. His Current Rank is Commander, need to help him remember to fix his name up now that I look at it. If I am not there he is the one to look for as he should be there to run the Sim in my absence.

As for the Member information you want I'll see what I can do for you on that. An SN for me to contact you at would be of great use to further your cause. The ASG Rules and Regs can be found on the main site at:
http://www.asghorizon.org/info.php

If there is anything else you need (Within Reason) contact me via the boards IM or E-Mail and I'll see what I can do. BTW to everyone else reading this that goes for you too.
There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men are forced to meet. ---William F. Halsey

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. ---Confucius

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:27 pm

Hello again!

There is certainly no need for an apology... in fact, I'm sorry if I came across as being critical. I... um... also want to apologize for suggesting that I might eat Zero. Heh heh... yeah... that's just crazy. Heh....

Anyway, thank you for all of the information! As noted in my first message, my email address is indeed: barophobe@aol.com. I know, Barophobe ASG would be more proper... but I haven't really earned the "ASG" badge just yet.

I honestly have not checked the links yet... my packet of summer work for fall semester arrived today, which has kept me extraordinarily busy. That also explains why this letter is so brief and more-or-less grounded in reality-- I simply don't have the energy for eccentrics.

Well in closing, thank you once more for all the help. I'm going to try back at the Avenger this Saturday night, if the sim looks to be up and running... I hope to see you there. Enjoy the rest of the week!

~Jim
barophobe@aol.com

Treggar
Ensign

Avenger

Post by Treggar » Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:20 am

The Avenger should be up and running this saturday. A little trigger happy known as myself will be running and I do plan on being there. Hope to see you there.

LtC Treggar
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

ASGAnne
Lieutenant J.G.

Post by ASGAnne » Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hello again!

There is certainly no need for an apology... in fact, I'm sorry if I came across as being critical. I... um... also want to apologize for suggesting that I might eat Zero. Heh heh... yeah... that's just crazy. Heh....

Crazy? Is that what it's called?

Well Jim, Welcome to the ASG... half of us are just plain crazy sometimes, so you should fit in well. (this fact can be verified by reading more boards)

Hope your studies go well, and we don't find your head stuck in a book. Jaffo could probably do an entire column on that subject. I'll have to ask him about the possibility. If you ever need anything just find me and poke me in the side. I promise I won't pinch ya (the first time anyways).

Oh ya, and you should stick around for the Lexis after the Avenger. ::sweet smile:: Hunter left me in charge for awhile.

~Ann

Games
Ensign

Post by Games » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:20 pm

i think whoever runs Avenger needs to make us all a cup of coffee (Not Tea cos i hate the stuff even for a Brit like me)
It's not whether you win or lose that counts: it's how much pain you inflict along the way.